I want to...
- Access Geelong Heritage Centre Archives
- Purchase Historical Publications
- Start A Family Tree
- Book A Group Visit
- View Historic images of Geelong
Public Holiday Notice
The Geelong Heritage Centre Reading Room will close for the 2013/14 Christmas and New Year public holiday period from 1:00pm on Tuesday 24 December 2013 until reopening at 10:00am on Monday 6 January 2014.
Important client information to note:
- From Tuesday 19 March 2013 the ongoing access conditions for GRS (Geelong Record Series) archival material will change.
- As a result of the need to temporarily store the Centre’s archive collection offsite, clients wishing to request and access archive collection items will need to ensure that you contact the Heritage Centre to pre-order your records for viewing at least two weeks in advance.
- Clients should also check to ensure requested items have been retrieved and are available in the Heritage Centre Reading Room prior to the planned visit.
- This change in access to the archive collection does not however apply to other standard Reading Room collections (microform/reference library/digitised records/indexes etc). These Reading Room items will be available as normal.
Geelong Heritage Centre – Family and Local History
The Geelong Heritage Centre is Victoria’s largest regional archive. With 1.8km of public and private records, extensively described in catalogues and indexes, you are sure to find the information
Staff and volunteers at the Heritage Centre preserve
the collective memories of the Barwon Region’s
people and places in the form of paper documents, books, photographs, film, and other artefacts.
Records produced by local government, businesses, clubs, societies, churches and individuals are made accessible for cultural enjoyment, education, family history, writing, publishing and administrative recall.