I want to...
- Access Geelong Heritage Centre Archives
- Purchase Historical Publications
- Start A Family Tree
- Book A Group Visit
- Access Geelong Advertiser Archives
Reading Room Temporary Closure
The Geelong Heritage Centre Reading Room will be temporarily closed on Tuesday 28 May and Wednesday 29 May 2013.
The temporary closure is to enable the relocation of the GHC archive collection being carried out over these days.
The Geelong Heritage Centre Reading Room will re-open on Thursday 30 May 2013 at 11:00 am.
Important client information to note:
- From Tuesday 19 March 2013 the ongoing access conditions for GRS (Geelong Record Series) archival material will change.
- As a result of the need to temporarily store the Centre’s archive collection offsite, clients wishing to request and access archive collection items will need to ensure that you contact the Heritage Centre to pre-order your records for viewing at least two weeks in advance.
- Clients should also check to ensure requested items have been retrieved and are available in the Heritage Centre Reading Room prior to the planned visit.
- This change in access to the archive collection does not however apply to other standard Reading Room collections (microform/reference library/digitised records/indexes etc). These Reading Room items will be available as normal.
Geelong Heritage Centre – Family and Local History
The Geelong Heritage Centre is Victoria’s largest regional archive. With 1.8km of public and private records, extensively described in catalogues and indexes, you are sure to find the information
Staff and volunteers at the Heritage Centre preserve
the collective memories of the Barwon Region’s
people and places in the form of paper documents, books, photographs, film, and other artefacts.
Records produced by local government, businesses, clubs, societies, churches and individuals are made accessible for cultural enjoyment, education, family history, writing, publishing and administrative recall.