Apply for a Planning Permit in Relation to a Liquor Licence
Responsible Alcohol Victoria issues all Liquor Licences.
Responsible Alcohol Victoria has information regarding all types of liquor licensing or you can contact them on 1300 650 367.
However, in some circumstances we may need to issue a Planning Permit prior to the issue of the Liquor Licence.
Clause 52.27 of the Greater Geelong Planning Scheme states that a Planning Permit is required for using land to sell or consume liquor if any of the following apply:
- A Licence is required under the Liquor Control Reform Act, 1998
- A different Licence, or category of Licence is required from that which is in force
- The hours of trading allowed under any Licence are to be extended
- The number of patrons allowd under any licence are to be increased
To apply for a Planning Permit in Relation to a Liquor Licence, you should:
- Download and complete either:
- is available to complete your Planning Application form
- Ensure that you include all relevant documentation with your application
- Lodge your application and documentation, including relevant fees, with us for processing.
Download further information
Checklist 10 - Use of Land (WORD - 95KB)