Business Visits Program
Our Business Visit Program is a face to face information exchange between business, industry and Local Government.
This is your opportunity to speak candidly to council directly of the issues and opportunities you're experiencing as business leaders in Geelong.
Our staff from our Enterprise Geelong Unit will visit you on site. We will hear your feedback as well as offer services to help you reach your business goals.
We aim to give business information from all tiers of government including grants available, mentoring services, networks and business expertise.
We will work through a short questionairre to help us better understand the business climate in Geelong.
Meet our team:
Co-ordinator, Economic Development Unit
Keelie holds portfolio responsibilities of bioGeelong, NBN development, major industry, business facilitation and investment attraction.
Keelie supports her staff, delivering a better economic prosperity for Geelong and developing business growth through partnerships. In addition, Keelie is the Secretary of Economic Development Australia (EDA) Victorian Chapter, Member of the G21 Economic Development Pillar, a G21 Economic Development Strategy working group member and G21 Land Use Plan working group member.
Senior Projects Officer
Simon's connections throughout the business community in Geelong are wide reaching. Simon is once again on the Geelong Advertiser Business Excellence Awards panel of judges. This year there are some truly outstanding entries.
Simon facilitates the Northern Gateway Infrastructure Group, ICT Geelong Ltd, Geelong Ring Road Employment Precinct rail spur project and the Geelong Community Info Net.
Some general topics of discussion will be:
To organise a business visit, please contact our Enterprise Geelong Unit on 03 5272 4888.
- Current issues impacting your business
- Impediments to business growth in the region
- Plans for expansion or relocation
- Staff training difficulties
- Staff recruitment difficulties
- Skill shortages
- Export successes or future plans
- Quality accreditation potential
- The future of local operations
- Adequacy of local infrastructure eg transport and freight facilities
- Recent company milestones or successes
VIP Car Care testimonial
With strong growth in the business, Brad and Tania Goss turned to the Economic Development Unit for assistance.
View the full testimonial
Local Government Services - City of Greater Geelong
Our website provides information on city statistics, the Geelong Business Calendar, the Business Register, the Skilled Migration Program and publications.
Our Economic Development Staff can assist by :
- of networking opportunities and introductions to other businesses, government departments and service providers. This may include G21 Geelong Region Alliance and associated pillars, Geelong Manufacturing Council, established Clusters in ICT, Biotechnology, Food Co- Products, Agribusiness and Engineering, Geelong Export Network, the Geelong Chamber of Commerce, local business events and programs.
- on current City or EDU projects and how these may assist your business.
- economic, demographic and marketing information about the region.
- a website which details a range of business assistance programs and documents.
- information about the availability of land and/or buildings that may be required for future expansion, particularly the availability of Council land for industrial purposes.
- information about the skilled migration program and how it may help to resolve skill shortages in your business.
- Discussing the Economic Development Strategy and its aims.
- Assisting business to understand how it may promote growth in the region.
Victorian State Government
The State Government through its programs may assist your business by providing:
The Federal Government through its programs may assist your business by:
||convenient access to all government information, forms and services you need.
It's a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
Use the Grants Finder, access the small business support line, and a host of other information that is of interest to all businesses.
|incentives to help Australian businesses:
- conduct research and development
- grow small business
- take up new technology
- undertake industry-specific manufacturing and production
- commercialise a new technology or venture through AusIndustry
|information about industrial awards and pay rates is available
|information on current scams that are used to defraud businesses and consumers
|strategic and targeted responses to economic, environmental and social issues affecting the regions of Australia
|Regional Development Australia
|information about the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission and its objective to promote competition and fair trade in the market place to benefit consumers, businesses and the community
|Australia Competition and Consumer Commission
|assistance through Tradestart for SME s in their international exporting endeavours
||Australian Institute of Export or
Australian Trade Commission
|plenty of online assistance for startups and information regarding how the tax office works
|Australian Taxation Office
||to connect your business to the knowledge, tools and expertise necessary to improve productivity, increase competitiveness and fully capitalise on growth potential For more information.
||to Commercialisation Australia which is an initiative that assists researchers, entrepreneurs and innovative companies to convert intellectual property into successful commercial ventures.
||skilled staff from overseas, and how to entice them to Australia and work for you
|Department of Immigration and Citizenship - Skill Matching Database
|out about cash incentives for employing apprentices in sectors suffering skill shortages